So today I'll show you unstyled, real-life, as-it-is pics. Thats how far I've come...
Rember I have five kids, four of them boys, active boys... the youngest is 15 month.
He is the most active toddler I had so far. This living room is used from dawn to dusk.
My husband is a computer programmer.
I think his youngest will follow in his footsteps.
I love about it that
- it's airy and spacious
- but still has two sitting areas and a table
- one sofa is facing the woodstove
- that I hung the curtains high
- that I added some more molding on top of the windows
- I switched from a pure nostaltic style
- to a lighter, more beachy look
I'm still not too happy about
- the couch totally blending into the wall
- the light fixture above the table not having electricity
- the playpen
- the wall behind the piano lakking some piece of art
- lakking pictures of the children
- the bookcase
- the view
Any ideas for further improvements?
What do you love about YOUR livingroom?
I like the sofa colour because it allows the beautiful armoire to shine~
It is a lovely room Margitta - you have the eye. I wouldn't worry about a thing besides getting that great light fitting wired up!
I love the openness of your living room, and the beautiful colors too. I understand about the bookshelves. I have that problem too, but if you have kids, and you want them to love to read, you have bookshelves :-) I've never figured out a way to hide them and still have them be used all the time. The room is beautiful!
I understand about the boys too. I have 4 of my own, and they don't seem to get neater because they get older :-)
Post a Comment